Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WTH Did January go?!

Well, 1/12 of the year gone and I'm still considering if I should even consider New Year resolutions!  Let's see, too late to do the 2011 summary...let's see where I made it on my list for 2012.

1.  Get a new job after kids go back to school from breaks. - STILL LOOKING - ptttht, employed straight thru the last 26 years of my life and now my skills are outdated!  Go figure...I despise all the homework that comes home with my kids, and I have to think about adding my own to that? Hhhhhhhh.......

2.  Sort and downsize my art space. - Ummm....well....does reorganizing and finding stuff I forgot I had and then getting a bunch of great ideas how to use them count?  I think so.  I did get rid of "other stuff" to better organize my growing collections of creative books and magazines!

3.  Open up an Etsy shop. - Is it me, am I really THAT old that I'm considering using this experience as my 10 year old's science experiement?  Hypothesis:  She'll never quite figure it all out...OR get anything listed!
I think I have managed to muffle through most of it...I'll let you know.

4.  Enjoy this "time off" not working and have "me time", create. - Well, doing a little better here.  ZUMBA 2x a week (luv it), made a ton of Christmas present jewelry, making tons of samples to demo at a local craft store to advertise classes so I can teach.  But, alas, still getting hubby off to work with lunch in hand, getting boys off to school on time and not without being annoyed and pulling my hair out, coming home and picking up......AFTER KNOWING DANG WELL I HAD EVERYTHING PICKED UP AFTER THE LAST LITTLE VARMIT WAS IN BED!!???, then cleaning (being home more, I see more - sucks!), then poof, time to get kids, do homework, think and do dinner, clean up, clean up some more, bedtime, clean up again (how do they do that?!)...go to bed.

5. Join some Flickr groups to encourage me to be creative on a regular basis. - Shoot, need to do that 52 earring one....I do have earrings made already to catch up so that is good, just need to get there!

6. Blog AT LEAST WEEKLY. - Uh, let's see, today is January 31st.....eh, I'm here aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment