Thursday, June 7, 2012

Busy-Ness

Whewwww.....kids are out of school (2 weeks now) and we're getting settled into our new busy "not as busy" routine.  This week I'll be able to finalize my youngest's Karate, Sylvan writing, and VBS schedule. HOPEFULLY we will get a somewhat "set" schedule for my oldest for volunteering at the YMCA or for the city.  My beading class at the college was cancelled - grrrrrrrr - and I held off on the online English and Computer Applications courses after long, lengthy discussions with self and then with an advisor.  Now I am not lacking for intelligence at all, but boy oh boy, these online classes and curriculums and discussion boards and folders and inboxes and blah blah blah.......really threw me for a loop!  Talk about feeling D - U - M - B!!!!!  So, I pondered and I tried until the drop date....and finally dropped them to not lose my $$.  But, come to find out, after being out of school "as long as I have", MOST people fail their first online classes.  AND, Summer session classes are not recommended for "those out of school so long" since the sessions are shorter and more rushed.  WELL!  Sure would have been nice to know this a few months ago when signing up and haveing to make a gazillion trips to the bookstores!  Oh well, most people don't drop the class in time for it not to show up on their transcripts, or for them to get a refund, and just end up withdrawing - eh - did you say lose my $$$$ - NOT!  I'm signed up for ANOTHER jewelry class - forging metal.  I hope this one does not get cancelled!  I can learn how to beat the crap out of some metal so when I start my online classes again in August, I have a stress relief outlet!  That's my whole theory behind "needing" these jewelry classes.

On another note, my oldest went on a trip to D.C. with the NJHS program he was in last year.  He had a blast!  His first trip that far away from home AND in an airplane.  He loved it and wants to travel more.  I'm glad - hopefully that will give him more incentive to continue on his path and keep doing as good as he is so he can have an awesome career that allows him the means to travel.  For now, he does not want to worry about marriage and family and settling down eary (he's 15 now), but he's got 3 more years in highschool, and there are alot of girls that might try to change his mind before then - lol.  But, I start my kickboxing class soon, and am taking firearms education for hunting and such....just sayin.....lol.....Oh and did I mention I'm kinda blunt?  Personally, I think all those things will make for some great conversation and clear communication. He he.....

I did get in a work/play/clay date with my 10 year old Ike.  I had to fill a custom pen order and he LOVES making pens!  He made a few of his own too.  He gave them away to his Nino and Nina the day after he made them, so I never got to get the pics! Lol....his goal is to make one for everyone for Christmas.  I also FINALLY sat down with some of my bead soups I put together MONTHS AGO and have been staring at ALL THE TIME as they just sit, and sit, and sit on my table in my creative room.  I put two of those mixes to use - no planning, no overthinking (almost), not to symetrical (hard for me) - and I LIKE EM'!  I also fulfilled my commitment for 2 more pairs of earrings for the 52 Earrings A Year challenge - granted I am on like week 14 and am about 10 weeks behind....BUT, I'm still sticking to it!  I'll catch up. 





We had a hella rain and hail storm last night.  Water about 15 feet wide and +/- 3 feet deep running down the walkway behind our house!  My backyard looked like a cup of hot chocolate with melted marshmallow fluff because the water could not sink in the ground fast enough and all the hail just floated around!  I think my pumkin plan died - yes just one - that is all I can manage..lol...no green thumb here, but we were trying to grow "the great Pumpkin" this year.  We'll see.....shouldn't need to water it for awhile...lol...Luckily we have all the right angles in our yard that all the water flows away from it.  What a mess it could have been.  We are supposed to get it again this evening.....while the rest of the (male) household freaks out because it makes our cable go out - I'll be making more stuff - no idle izzy here! 

Hope this post finds you and yours safe and happy.  Stay cool, stay dry and stay around!

No comments:

Post a Comment