Wow - "total epic fail" (as my 15 yr old would say) at my attempt to blog. But hey, it's only been about 7 months since my last post. And if it helps any, that is NOT how long it has been since I've been creative! I have been pretty active I can say in my corner of the creative world. Earrings....speaking of which, that whole 52 earring challenge was a fail for me too....hhhhhhhh...I did create quite a few earrings, but alas, not good at the whole posting thing. I've also made, and am still making tons of polymer clay pens for special orders. Of course that leads to scrap clay and polymer clay beads! Of course that leads to jewelry making ideas...and the cycle begins. Which brings me to this post.
Last week I finished up a month of preparing for Valentine's Day and closing up the last of my polymer clay pen custom orders for January. With a sigh of relief I tagged up the last item, looked around and got disgusted, dismayed, and less than enthusiastic about the clean-up! I always feel like I trip and fall into a puddle of mud after stepping out in a brand new dress when I get through a creative spell. (Ironically, I'm not even all that into girly,girly stuff and dresses - why I use that comparison? Who the hell knows...LOL)
Anywhoo.Why do I feel like that? Why is that? Dare I say? I DARE!
I have tooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch sh*******************t!!!! And I know how it happened even!
I've ALWAYS been creative. I used to knit and sew clothes for my dolls and make furniture and furnishings for them too. I used to draw and color with great skill for my age early on. I wrote poetry. I decorated hats, brooms, spoons, centerpieces, bears....I bought a sewing machine while I was still in high school even. Okay, the sewing thing never really took hold, but I've got the basics down and can at least use the sewing machine. In my 20's is when the whole bead/jewelry making thing took hold. Being a frequent flyer at local craft stores and knowing my way around them, it didn't take long to establish magazine subscriptions, and we all know how it goes from there! I was single, working, going to school, creating in many different avenues...quite frankly - my world evolved around me! I was even lucky enough to meet a guy who had a crafty momma - that didn't last (good thing let me tell you - long story/not a pretty one either), too bad I still couldn't keep his momma! She wanted to keep me too but...I don't think his new girlfriend would have appreciated that - lol. Life moved on....and wouldn't you know it, that shy, conservative, creative being - ME - started feeling a little late bloom, a little rebellious. BAM!!!! In the middle of it all, at the peak of being creative and feeling free and having fun (finally).....motherhood! Regardless, I have always know it was a blessing in disquise...alot of fun can start to lead to alot of trouble you know. Yuppers......Good thing is that from the get go I knew the "baby daddy" choice was umm......not so smart.....but, nothing I couldn't handle. And that I did - and always have. So you see, when all sh*t went down.....toooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuch sh***********t began! Can somebody say "COMPENSATING".....and it's somewhat in the same sense as we think about when thinking about a man and his new red corvette and his comb-over flying in the wind. (You've got that picture in your head now right? - LOL) There is no "I" in "THEM". Life moved on again and I met my DH and daughter. PERFECT! He had the girl, I had the boy - ALL DONE! Now just the dog in a fence and the house. Good man, little girl, no more diapers, ready for pre-school, able to work full-time again, and real hours. Let's get fixed - OK! - TOO LATE! "WTF? No really, WTF?!! There is no "I" in "THEM". And so the story of the last 15 1/2 years of my life. I've kept the whining to a bare minimum, kept my big girl panties on and my head up, and when I'm feeling like how I'm feeling might make me seem like an ungrateful, selfish biotch, I remember......there may not be an "I' in "THEM", BUT, there is "ME" in "THEM", and it might seem selfish to some, but really, I'm just remembering that I still am ME! and they will grow and go someday. Which in turn means someday, I'm going to have so much time on my hands that I will need something to do so I won't be bothering THEM! Ironic, I know. You all get where this is going now right? So, I've come to realize that all these years I have been planning on that "me time", collecting beads, jewelry, books, magazines, found objects for my greatest passion. Along the way trying out new things as sort of a quick fix for my creative passions. And now with my youngest 11yrs old, I'm getting some taste of that "me time". What a fricken disaster I can make out my creative space in just making some earrings! Why is that? Say it with me....c'mon...."Tooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuch sh**********t. REALITY CHECK! Yes, I will have more "me time" as time goes on.....but not a gazillion years like I'd need to use all this stuff up!!!!!! So in keeping with what I know, I'm going to keep the whining to a bare minimum, keep my big girl panties on (too bad they don't stay the same size after having children! lol), keep my head up and face the fact.............can we REALLY have toooooo much stuff? YES WE CAN!!!!!!
So now...................................what to do about it?......................................DESTASH......................
Stop back by soon....................
Really enjoyed this post! Now I have a reason as to why I have all this stuff, for when I have me time :).
ReplyDeleteThx for stopping by! That's right, kind of the creative person version of doomsday preppers. LOL - that's my story and I'm sticking to it...
Delete